Rod holder drain lines

scseadog

All

I am going to add some rod holders in the gunnel and rod /drink holders in the front deck.  What do folks due for drain lines? I am assuming I can either let it drain into the hull or add the small weep holes directly below the holders to drain to the deck.  Boat is an 02 1900.  

Look on T & H Marine , I believe they sell caps with a drain tube that attached to the bottom. Probably for center consoles with rod holder on side of console...the small tubes allows you to channel the water down the sides of inside and then drain out. They would also work for anywhere you can reach the bottom of the rod holders.

All things seem to end up in the bilge sooner or later!!!

If they are on the gunnel I would  not worry about them. for the true rod holders you can buy removable stoppers for them if you are worried about large amounts of water  intrusion.  

Location of the combo cup/rod holder would determine the need for a drain hose. If it is direct into the bilge leave. You can  always rinse the overflow of a dark  and  stormy at the end of the day.

34 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

All things seem to end up in the bilge sooner or later!!!

If they are on the gunnel I would  not worry about them. for the true rod holders you can buy removable stoppers for them if you are worried about large amounts of water  intrusion.  

Location of the combo cup/rod holder would determine the need for a drain hose. If it is direct into the bilge leave. You can  always rinse the overflow of a dark  and  stormy at the end of the day.

Solid practical solution.  I will use drain hoses to route directly to the bilge in the cup/rod holders to keep water out of the forward hatch and my gunnel rod holders have caps to minimize water intrusion.