Leaning post seat and foot rest

Miss Jazzy

Has anyone found a better solution to holding down the seat on the leaning post besides the strap with snap? 

Also a way to keep the foot rest up. Mine will not stay in the up position and I keep running into it. I’ve tried several things but nothing works like it should. What I find to keep it up also makes it difficult to let it down when needed. Any ideas? 

Just an idea on your foot rest. Can you not just tighten the bolts a little ?  Does it need a thin bushing ? You could get  a Teflon or plastic washer to put in the hinge point.  Another thought would be a Velcro strap. One that attaches to itself as it wraps. Not sure you could find a way to wrap it that it would not just slide down the leg but it’s a thought 

Two good ideas from HoneyB. I have velcro straps that are various lengths and they are designed to wrap firmly and securely around something (like a leaning post leg) then they have plenty of slack to wrap around the foot rest and secure it back to the leg. Have seen them at Home Depot and hardware stores. This would be quick, easy and cheap just to see if it would work.