Squeaky trailer springs, like EMBARRASSINGLY squeaky

whichwaysup

Sitting here at the ramp, waiting for a buddy, so finally remembered to ask this.   My trailer springs (still in good shape, are loud as helll.  Like, you all down in FL probably hear me roll out in the a.m.s up here in NC.  I have NEVER had springs this loud.   I have tried lanoline lube, whichbis supposed to be great for protecting springs and keeping them from corroding and it works for like 5 minutes.   Aside from going torsion, any ideas?   I fish early amd really worry about waking up the neighbors.  My wife knows when I am headed home long before I arrive.    I am anal about my boat and trailer and this is like nails down a chalkboard for me!

• Like 1

Good call - I'll see if I can figure out which specific area is making the racket.   Problem is, it only happens when I'm running and the trailer hits a bump.   Maybe I'll have the kids run along beside it and put their ears up to the wheels. . . . they are pretty fast . . .  (that was a joke, so please hold off on calling child services).

Maybe I'll get the crew of 'em to bounce up and down on the gunnel while I poke around.   

• Like 1

I Have noticed on some leaf springs there are plastic or nylon flat spacers between each spring at the very end of the leaf. I was told they were to reduce noise. The only way I have ever been able to quiet leaf springs is to disassemble and coat every bolt with Marine Grease 2-4-C  with PTFE. I guess you could use regular Marine Grease but it would not last nearly as long.

PB Blaster is great at getting into tight places and freeing things up, might try spraying it into every bushing and shackle and see what happens.

• Like 1