2200 TE Folding Grab Rail and Windshield

campbellt3

Hi all!

I am looking at a 2007 2200 TE. I really need to knock some of the height off for storage and wonder if Pathfinder or another aftermarket company offers a folding or easily removable grab rail and windshield option. If not, has anyone modified theirs to accomplish this goal? Any info and pics on this process would be much appreciate.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, plainsman5 said:

Campbellt3,

How many inches do you need to take off?

As many as possible. I want to store it in my side yard behind a 6' gate/fence. My HOA does not allow boats...

A folding or completely removable grab rail and windshield is ideal. Cutting down the existing rail and windshield would be an option, but not as effective.

Does anyone know when the 2200's moved to the factory folding rail and windshield. It looks like 2012, but I am not 100% sure. 

51 minutes ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

Neither does mine...

842910855_HOAGate-1.thumb.jpg.eb1490f46c7e2b7d6d87045eccdf9ba5.jpg

Peek-a-Boo

711738461_HOAGate-2.thumb.jpg.bb29a270416c372e67fcb8fedd70d4cc.jpg

514430192_HOAGate-3.thumb.jpg.817eb5abf7f04dbfc425f6c3bf08efd7.jpg

8 feet high 12 foot wide opening width.  Installed 10 years ago.  Cost less than one season of boat and trailer storage at local marina.

Boat is not visible from the street.

Can you add 2 feet to your gate?

Fences cannot be over 6' tall in my neighborhood. Does you boat have the folding rail and windshield? If so, could you do me a favor and measure the height with everything folded down?

Thanks!

playing legal games here.

what are the setbacks in the neighborhood.  an internal fence that meet the setbacks for a building are often not governed by the height of the fence on the property line but can be considered a structure that must meet setback and structure height of the regulations. 

maybe a fancy lawyer here can chime in

5 hours ago, smilemaker said:

playing legal games here.

what are the setbacks in the neighborhood.  an internal fence that meet the setbacks for a building are often not governed by the height of the fence on the property line but can be considered a structure that must meet setback and structure height of the regulations. 

maybe a fancy lawyer here can chime in

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean

On 8/24/2020 at 10:24 AM, campbellt3 said:

As many as possible. I want to store it in my side yard behind a 6' gate/fence. My HOA does not allow boats...

A folding or completely removable grab rail and windshield is ideal. Cutting down the existing rail and windshield would be an option, but not as effective.

Does anyone know when the 2200's moved to the factory folding rail and windshield. It looks like 2012, but I am not 100% sure. 

My 2012 2200 TRS came with fold down grab rail and windshield

• Like 1

Sitting on my Ameritrail trailer, which is one of the lowest trailers I have seen, if I fold down my rail and wind shield It is very close to six feet. I am measuring the top of the console to the ground just about 6' 7".  My console might be different than yours. I would measure the TE your looking at. Modifying the grab rail and wind shield is pretty easy.  

• Like 1

if you must have your boat completely hidden you might be able to build a taller fence than 6 feet by having the fence within the lots building setbacks.  as an example I  live on a golf course and you must not have boats etc. visible from the golf course  fences are limited to 6 feet on the property line

building setbacks are 25 feet from the property line on the golf course  so I  built an 8 foot fence 25 feet from the golf course. since I  am within my setbacks they could not stop me. think of it as a convertible garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jh141 said:

Sitting on my Ameritrail trailer, which is one of the lowest trailers I have seen, if I fold down my rail and wind shield It is very close to six feet. I am measuring the top of the console to the ground just about 6' 7".  My console might be different than yours. I would measure the TE your looking at. Modifying the grab rail and wind shield is pretty easy.  

Thank you for getting the measurement for me. I decided to pass on that boat and continue my search, most likely focusing on 2012 and newer.

35 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

if you must have your boat completely hidden you might be able to build a taller fence than 6 feet by having the fence within the lots building setbacks.  as an example I  live on a golf course and you must not have boats etc. visible from the golf course  fences are limited to 6 feet on the property line

building setbacks are 25 feet from the property line on the golf course  so I  built an 8 foot fence 25 feet from the golf course. since I  am within my setbacks they could not stop me. think of it as a convertible garage.

Ok, that makes sense. I also live in a golf course community and we have strict rules. We can not have detached buildings or garages of any kind, but I may be able to fashion a small section of 8' fence in front of the boat, but behind the 6' vinyl privacy fence. Thanks for the idea.