Ttop Backing plates - 2000 2200v

TP13

TP13, I also have a 2000 2200V that I installed a ttop on. When I was researching backing plates under the floor I was not able verify there were any. When drilling the holes for the floor mounts I did not notice any resistance indicating metal plates. The ttop has been in place 2.5 years now. It came with #12 stainless steel screws to secure the feet of the ttop. Over the past 2.5 years, of the 16 floor screws, 4 have worked themselves out and could not be tightened. I replaced the 4 with #14 screws. All 16 are currently secured. There are also 2 horizontal mounts on each side connecting the ttop to the center console. I have had the boat and trailer up to 70mph on the Interstate with the ttop up and no problems. However, my ttop is a Fishmaster and is foldable. So I typically fold it when traveling which reduces the stress on the floor mounts.

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1

Wrhatt you wouldn’t have “hit” the backing plates where your legs are located. The plates are in front of the console on each side. Approximately where the back edge of your cooler is sitting. They’re are none for the back legs. They are mounted to the console with backing plates. I can get you a better pic when I get home 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is mine. The front legs were drilled and tapped into the plates. Back as you can see were bolted to plates through console. This is where the legs are suppose to be mounted in this year model. Where the back legs attach to the console you’ll see where they are already pre drilled to allow wires to pass through the legs to the e box from the console. 
 If you’ll look at my old TE model they are different. That console is narrower and the legs attach to the floor.

C411865D-8CF1-44EE-8CBD-430783A3DB6E.jpeg

E5D14C73-50BF-4F4E-B6C9-36AD09EBA568.jpeg

7EACA5D6-09BC-4E0D-8F05-D4BA0B5572F7.jpeg

87389DA7-29F0-47B7-8480-55D040F86591.jpeg

• Like 1