Upgraded Transducer

Malbrew

Has anyone removed the transducer from a 2600 HPS with a t-top?  My transducer seems to be epoxied to the bottom in a circular cutout in the middle of the fuel tank.  Believe I would have to remove the console to access the transducer area.  Any suggestions.

thanks in advanced.

• 2 weeks later...

nobody??  OK, has anyone added a thru-hull transducer to a 2600, if so where did you place it?  did the step hulls affect the performance of the transducer?  Since I cannot remove the current transducer, was planning on putting a thru-hull transducer just forward of the live-well intake.

7 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

do you need to save the existing transducer.  that location is before the steps and the only truely ideal place.

you  may have to play surgeon and remove it piece by  piece. 

several threads show how to cut and  install a true thruhull tranosducer 

thanks for the info...

Like smilemaker says, you have to install the thru-hull transducer ahead of the step. I ordered my 23 hps without a transducer and installed it myself. It's tough working through that hole in the gas tank, but you can do it. You want to install the thru-hull to the left or right of the keel, so you have to buy a 12 degree off-set transducer so it shoots straight down after it's installed.