Boat Trailer

Bhicks2200

Well, they are a little pricy and there have been a few reported problems lately but I still recommend Ameritrail trailers located down the road from you in St Cloud, FL.

I live near Atlanta so every time I use the boat, it gets trailered somewhere and I use the boat a lot.  These things are built like a brick s##t-house, as my father used to say.  Here is my 22 TRS sitting on one...

671151140_LowResMissLaurieIV-3.thumb.jpg.3543567df60c728e646e339b0dfc3c38.jpg

Try Peterson trailers in Gibsonton, 813-677-2733,  they are real busy so keep that in mind if you're in a hurry. I was there a few weeks ago and he had some trailers to finish for export to Australia, some local customer's trailers to build and a bunch of repairs. He said then he was at least two weeks out....minimum. Good luck.

Notice how Ron's boat sits low between the fenders. A friend of mine just bought a 22 bay boat with another brand of trailer. It sits above the fenders and you need a ladder to even see in the boat when it's on the trailer. Must tougher to load things in the boat, launch, and load.

10 minutes ago, wthree3 said:

Ron's boat sits low between the fenders

Yes, good point.  I've owned Ameritrail trailers for so long that I forgot how high other trailers hold the boat.  

The Ameritrail guys got their start in the business building trailers for bass boats, you can see that heritage in the current models by how low the boat sits.  I am glad, however,  that they didn't continue the bass boat tradition of a "glitter" finish on the trailer.

• Like 1

I debated for about 3 months about what new trailer I should buy...finally, Paul (Conocean) on the forum harrassed me enough to make me take the right decision (LOL).  For the extra $1,200 or so, it's well worth it....vs some of the Continental, EZ LOader, and Loadrites, etc...Rolls is top of the line....

I looked at them all...

Rolls

continental

Loadrite

Ez Loader

the list goes on...

After seeing the quality (and having one before 10 years ago on my Pathy), I called direct and bought mine direct from AT.

MY MA sits perfectly on the trailer, low between the fenders...and has completely changed my load and launch....

Their motto is: Load, Launch and Relax....there is a reason for it.

The only downside....the wait list when I got my trailer was 10 weeks...I got mine in 6 and I had to fight to get it on time.

dc

"Save $$$$$$"

How true Dave, trailer hardware is the same for all trailer builders all the way to the SS u-bolts and "SS wiz nuts"  Just depends how much you want to pay for some one to build it for you! Right now with the price of aluminum there will be "sticker shock" whoever does it! :)

• Like 1

I am on my first and last Ameratrail. Pretty..yes.  Good service...yes again. I do any and all maintainence, repairs, etc myself. If the mounts on this trailer were bolted on rather than welded it would have been a 15 minute job at the ramp the next time I ran a charter. As it was I had to find a friend to babysit my boat on the water for a couple hours and pay a pretty good amount to have the welder beef up that mount and the same one on the left side of the trailer that was showing signs of cracking. 

We have a very reputable trailer shop here in Fort Myers and my next trailer will either come from them or from Rolls.