90 2 Stroke on HPX 18

Str8-six

First post on this forum, at least I think. I own a 2013 HPX 18 w/ a f115 and was considering downsizing to a 90 2 Stroke for weight savings. Can anyone share any performance and draft numbers with the 90, couldn’t find anything online. 

I’ve noticed that the skiff drafts shallower with more weight on the bow, which tells me that the skiff is heavy at the stern. Also, I pole solo a lot and when doing so the forward chine is exposed to hull slap. This is even with two batteries, half tank, trolling motor and cooler up front (I weigh 215lbs). 

Not sure about the 90 two smoker but I pole in legit 8” of water with my 90 4stroke. Max speed is 41-43 depending on current & wind with only me, light load & little fuel. Realistic cruising speed is 30-34 under normal use with me + 1 person. I would imagine the two smoker will give you a better hole shot & draft 1” less. Our hull will tend to slap when poling alone however I’ve been able to minimize it by putting both of my TM batteries forward of my fuel tank, keeping at least half tank of fuel & putting my 65RTIC cooler against the forward bulkhead. However I’m only 170lbs. Hope this helps! 

17 minutes ago, conocean said:

Honson switched out a 90 Yammi 4s for a 115 Merc Pro XS on his original 18HPX. The hull was quite impressive with the Merc behind it. I believe that same 18HPX was recently 4 sale on this forum a few weeks or months ago. 

It was a 2 stroke.  This is the boat i was thinking about.  

honson.jpg

Thanks for all the replies thus far. I measured the draft this past weekend with two batteries up front, 15 gallons of fuel and my Wife and daughter sitting on the front hatch. It was right around 8-9” which is better than I expected. I’m guessing with an angler on the bow and me on the platform I’d get around 9-10”. I’m going to try poling solo with same setup plus a yeti cooler to see if any chine slap. Really wish they’d come out with a lightweight 90 4-stroke already.