Boat Demand During A Pandemic!

MuddyBottomBluz

I know we discussed this before, but now it is being noticed by all. Then again all you have to do is look at used boat pricing!:o

A Local news station here in Miami ran a story about it. Some of you may recognize the lady in the story and may actually own one of her father's boats!:D

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/08/28/high-boat-sales-low-inventory-social-distancing-boating/

I look for particular boats for clients/friends/family every single day of the week......particularly Yellowfin and Pathfinder bay boats.....prices are higher than giraffe ears that is for sure!!  a lot of boats in the used market have been for sale for 6 months or longer with no movement in price, some of that is because people bought new and financed for 20 years and owe more than they are worth.....and then there are 2005/2006 Pathfinder 2200V's with F150's or HPDI's asking  around $30,000, so those 2 segments aren't going to sell anytime soon.  Anyone with a 4 year to 7 year old boat with a realistic price normally sells really fast.

It's cascading into related accessories; I placed an order for a new Pathfinder and am told it will be late November before delivery. By the looks of things I will need that amount of time to source new electronics, trolling motor, and other necessities, as everyone is sold out of these as well.

On the good side, I should get a better price on selling my 1806.

I feel blessed that our industry is on the best end of this economic situation, we are usually the first to get hit and the last to recover.  So I for one am thankful for the position we are in as an industry.  I know that things are tough on the consumers due to demand but think how bad it is for the builders right now who also can't get parts on time that are needed to produce these awesome boats?  Hang in there folks!

with RedZone on this:  our brokerage normally has about 40 vessels for sale, we have 19 today (and most of those have and will be on the market a while).  If it's clean, reasonably late model and priced even a bit above 'fair', right now it will sell.  Dealers can't get new inventory, people are home and can't travel by air, vacations cancelled, money is cheap - inventory is low.   (Way back many years ago in Economics 101 Mr. Taylor called this 'supply and demand'.)