Attaching pictures

quest4reds

I have had issues every time I try to add pictures to my posts.  Sometimes it ends up working, and other times it doesn't.  Yesterday I was getting a -200 error message.  I've tried jpg, bmp, and png formats but it doesn't appear to matter.  Also, I've saved pics to different formats to get the size down only to have it fail but the larger file size pic work.

What is the secret?  And I don't care about pic orientation at this time, I just want them there.

Brief search just to make sure, but JPEG and .jpg are the same.

Well, when it comes to .jpeg vs .jpg, the truth is there is no difference between the two except the number of characters.  

The term JPG exists because the earlier versions of Windows operating systems. Specifically, the MS-DOS 8.3 and FAT-16 file systems had a maximum 3-letter limit when it came to file names, unlike the UNIX-like operating systems like Mac or Linux, which didn’t have this limit.

So, on Mac or Linux systems, images saved as JPEGs used the file extension .jpeg. But when it came to saving those same types of images using Windows, the file extension had to be shortened to .jpg so it didn’t exceed the 3-letter limit.

1 hour ago, triplec said:

Did you try "jpeg" because Im a Mac user and thats how it saves to my desktop and I literally just drug this one into the message and it loaded and was not sideways 🤪 or can you not change the tag from "jpg" on windows?

triplec, first of all, nice looking sled.  Secondly, when I save pictures on my computer it shows jpeg, jpg as the same format, which they are according to google.  The description in my last post is what I found on the difference between the two.  It has to do with file name extension length in certain operating systems.  And for what it's worth, I know I have added pictures in the past in both jpg and png formats but for some reason it's giving me issues now.

• Like 1

So I tried using my phone to attach, and I got a couple to upload, but others will not using the same exact method.  Get -200 error.  Tried several at once and got the error each time.  Tried one at a time and got two to attach, but tried a couple others and it gives the error.  Still have no idea what it could be, file types and sizes are almost identical.