New to me

johnd

Excited like a little kid on Christmas morning.  Might just call her “serendipity” the way this came together.  Boat was never listed, was traded in day before I called a friend at local dealer and said “probably never happen, but if you get a 1900, give me a call”. I was 3 miles from dealer, he said “I got one yesterday” and I drove directly there.  The dealer are friends and we have done each other favors.  I accepted the boat exactly as it was, no clean up.  Console was covered in stickers - (note to self: don’t put stickers on a boat). I counted 6 for CCA, 2 for Powerpole, at least 8 businesses, various rod brands, stuff from 2011, NRA, couple from Ducks Unlimited...heat gun, goo gone and even rubbing with acetone..not done yet!  Forward cushions are trash, I think bad rocker switch, the seat post (forward) is corroded in place, stains on deck, I’m sure the list will grow.

The cool stuff: new (2020) aluminum Continental trailer, new 36V MK i Pilot with 3 new batteries and charger, charger on house battery, 2015 Mercury 150 with 225 hours, newer Powerpole, newer Garmin 9x, newer stereo.  I was there at 0930 Friday with my checkbook, but paperwork wasn’t done, so they arrived at 4 and backed into into my yard, signed the paperwork.  Haven’t even put in water.  Started cleaning her up last night and today. A few quick photos (without the darn stickers) attached.   I’m officially back in the MBG family.  

469D9191-2F1C-42E4-9D1C-2ABCEF981170.jpeg

7BDAD491-B6B5-4916-A0B1-BD8C76922D60.jpeg

C953A6B5-3A04-400A-BD0B-E71C398255C1.jpeg

73F35041-63FD-47DD-9EBA-37A2726D0FC2.jpeg

BA839C16-323D-45E6-8433-3A73B7A53D0D.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lil Bingo said:

Very cool ! Nice how it all came together. And I like the platform, I never use mine for poling,

but I use it all the time for a seat, lunch, table, bait prep, leaning post, rod holders for trolling....

Congrats!

Bingo,

How you been...I remember our trip many years ago to the lagoon....now my buddy DonH is fishing there all the time...I need to bring the MA17 up for a trip.

Send me a PM with your cell and maybe we can catch up.

DC

6 hours ago, johnd said:

Boat was never listed, was traded in day before I called a friend at local dealer and said “probably never happen, but if you get a 1900, give me a call”. I was 3 miles from dealer, he said “I got one yesterday” and I drove directly there.

I've always said this is a great strategy for finding gems in the rough !!!  You did, congrats...care to share what kind of deal you got?  

Just finding a boat these days is like finding a unicorn in the woods :)

dc