Wiring bow sonar unit

Hutch03

Members

I am running Lowrance elite ti2 electronics on my 2005 2200v. I would like to mount a second head unit at the bow w a ram mount etc. These are the units that can wirelessly connect to each other...
When I upgraded my tm I had the shop run a power wire to the front. My main question is grounding. I really want to avoid running a negative wire back to the stern. All I have in the bow is the tm wiring and plug and this new wire.
my tm actually is mounted on a stainless steel plate the prior owner installed. Not sure I can ground to that. It does not seem right.

I just am not great w wiring. 
it would be nice if all I needed to do was hook up the power cable w an inline fuse and go.  But it is never that simple is it?.  Here is an old photo of the bow of my boat.

any suggestions appreciated.

Hutch

69F79423-FCF3-47FA-BE1F-DB973C213E9A.jpeg

I agree with Headhunter. I was going to suggest putting the ground to the ground of the 24 volt trolling motor wiring but I was thinking there would be some sort of interference due to the motor.

Place it safe, use the existing wire you have run to the bow and use it to pull a new #14 duplex wire to the bow for your power.

• Like 1