Any quartine projects?

justfish

Seeing if anyone else got anything productive done during this mess?  I had a pile of lumber behind garage - all leftover from the demo or rebuilds.  I had a weird corner of unpaved area and wanted to block the pool equipment so kinda reversed engineered an outdoor shower outta it and used it all up.  It's pretty much all from the leftover except a few of the 4x4's and the metal.

I also have a 3 year old that we pulled outta school with no other childcare....so he was wanting to help every step of the way. 

Started with highly detailed engineered blueprints:

IMG_8894.jpg.4fb76cd4e6669a9a6027c327e7408d72.jpg

If you've never tried to use string to set posts with a 3 year old and dog running around, you've missed out on tons of fun.....

Once we got through that, things started coming together:

IMG_9490.jpg.5b247f9863fb01a8465f53b25545eb1c.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg.d03cde3eb26215dc4dcb239a7c83927f.jpg

My little helper:

IMG_9580.jpg.aa4b16170c211c1c8ff07da241575c3b.jpg

• Like 3

More of the helper and a hint as to why it took a whole quartine to finish:

IMG_9681.jpg.901e38bbf9b3341fff841fb87a469c31.jpg

Helping:

IMG_9606.jpg.3a0c3c4fcd14678430118cbfeaa578d9.jpg

More helping:

IMG_9920.jpg.084886336b86849eaab680e474b1f7f7.jpg

"Z" Walk in design with no door to try and keep it open feeling:

IMG_9926.jpg.ea4cead15d4e94a81bd7f74839414fcb.jpg

Hot and cold and a dog/beach sand hose as well:

IMG_1674.jpg.503d33eee81de96f20068fab4bf338b5.jpg

Pretty much all wrapped up except for stain on deck but Im gonna try to redo the big one and match this and get some rocks in-between pavers and deck.

IMG_1636.jpg.049021b29b03358e56bcf3e17296e498.jpg

I actually finished it a few months ago, just getting around to posting ...  I have only taken one shower inside the house since its been completed.  It's amazing, I wish I had done this way sooner.

• Like 2

Funny you posted this, When we were kids my dad did the same thing on our back porch.  Except we didn't have hot and cold.  We didn't even have walls, It was just a pipe with a handle and no walls. and just cold no hot..  Every trip after being out all day on the water that is were we had to shower.  You did an awesome job and it looks better than anything I've ever seen put together by a builder.  No offense builders....

• Like 1

Great looking project!  Love the "blue prints"

Any projects he asks, LOL.  There is a list.  Changed oil, filters, battery, blades and all the belts on my riding mower, changed the oil, filters and rotated tires on three vehicles, built a deck on the side of my house, installed junction boxes in the attic to run additional electric to the deck, built a roof over that deck, hung a ceiling fan from that roof, installed sun shades around it, and built my wife a bench seat she saw that she liked on pinterest, and about 100 other little things.   

I would include some pictures, but it seems there is some kind of issue with my profile as I can only get pics to attach randomly at best despite trying about everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quest4reds said:

Great looking project!  Love the "blue prints"

Any projects he asks, LOL.  There is a list.  Changed oil, filters, battery, blades and all the belts on my riding mower, changed the oil, filters and rotated tires on three vehicles, built a deck on the side of my house, installed junction boxes in the attic to run additional electric to the deck, built a roof over that deck, hung a ceiling fan from that roof, installed sun shades around it, and built my wife a bench seat she saw that she liked on pinterest, and about 100 other little things.   

I would include some pictures, but it seems there is some kind of issue with my profile as I can only get pics to attach randomly at best despite trying about everything.

No Pictures, It Did Not Happen They Say On This Forum. But I Believe You, I Think. 😀👍🙏 fin

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, CorkDork said:

Looks great Scott. Hard to believe that your son wasn’t born when I bought the Pathfinder from you. Time flies and they sure grow up fast. Hope you and the family are well. 

Brian

Thanks Brian. Hope your enjoying her still. @BradM on here shot me a pic of you on it at Ft George a few weeks ago. Still looks like she’s in great shape!

On 9/10/2020 at 8:15 AM, fin-addict said:

Looks great Scott as does the rest of your projects. Can’t believe how the Little Man has grown. Good looking LM. Nice to see a post from you, it’s been awhile. Best to you and yours my friend. 😀🙏 fin

Thanks Fin. It is crazy how fast it goes , he’s a blast now!

Got promoted to Capt about 6 months ago and can’t waste as much time on this site at work... They expect me to work now  It’s rediculous  😆

As always best to you as well old friend

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 5:53 PM, justfish said:

Thanks Fin. It is crazy how fast it goes , he’s a blast now!

Got promoted to Capt about 6 months ago and can’t waste as much time on this site at work... They expect me to work now  It’s rediculous  😆

As always best to you as well old friend

Congrats  Capt. Well deserved. Just don’t understand, expect you to work. They need a reality check. 😀👍🙏 fin

• Haha 1