Spare Tire

AntonRx

Like others have said it's worth testing at the local ramp before a long trip and be prepared to modify.  I have a straight mount on mine that is set up so you can put a pad lock through it to deter the thieves.  I mounted it as far forward as I possibly could, have never had an issue.

Related to spare tires, I always carry my cordless impact wrench with a set of sockets.  Its one extra thing to tote, but it will be worth it's weight in gold if/when I have to remove a lug from either truck or trailer.

as said  how is it on the tow vehicle  if it sits with more clearance than the axle straight down the road will be no problem.

I would be more concerned with clearance going in and out of gas stations and parking lots as you encounter steeper short approaches.

most ramps have longer approaches that help. I find more problems with the spare bottoming out in situations where the trailer is elevated above the truck  . Imagine pulling out of a parking lot that is higher than the road  this creates an inside angle that the trailer tongue get pushed  into.