1900V forward seating ?

johnd

'new to me' 2002 1900V.   The forward seating hatches - trying to understand.  Old worn cushions that were stapled to the hatches, not removable.  These were actually very well done, but the foam had broken down horribly.  I removed the hatches, removed the staples, cleaned the surface rust on SS bolts and cam lock.  Not sure what the hatch material is?  Seems like 3/8" piece of wood (?) with excellent high gloss finish on it.    The cam lock is to the outside, hatches open up toward center of boat.  Does appear some repairs to the gutters (and a few stress like cracks).

Anyone know if this is how it came from factory or are these 'hatch covers' something previous owner did?   Next: how often do people really sit on these cushions?   I am thinking of having SeaDek put on the hatches.  A bit soft to sit on, easy to stand on, and no cushions.  Thoughts?   TIA. 

1 hour ago, smilemaker said:

my first question would be if the hatches from the 2002 thru 2006 fit

second question can they still make a pair. if not it might be profitable to spash a pair of that vintage and sell as a side venture.

No sir they will not. I’ve seen those hatches that were retrofitted into some kind of solid lid but I do not remember who or where I saw it. Those cushions have always looked bad. 

Thanks   SCDog.  yep, mine look just like that.  Thanks

Brad:  how thick did you do the Seadeck?   

I removed the hatches, removed the cushions (look just like SCdogs photo). Cleaned up.  Castaway Customs in near me, so I took there to discuss options.  I have not called local cushion people, but my guess is cushions would be at least $200 a pop (based on previous work I have had done)  $400 each sounds high, but can't imagine $100.. anyway... Working with Colton and Dean, wife wants 'cushion'.. looking into 20MM new 'soft' material seadeck    I am going to go with AquaCamo color.. I like the blue, getting a blue bimini and the 'camo' (on friends boats) seems to hide dirt and wear better.  Not sure if doing any design (tarpon scales, fish, logo) or just plain.