2500 Pathfinder Ameratrail - Liquid Roller

On Island Time

Short back story, I'm moving back up to a Pathfinder from owning 5 Mavericks.  I have a 2500 Hybrid with second station and, through my searches on this and other forums, I am seeing the pathfinder guys mentioning how its tough to get all the way on the trailer without power loading.  Mine is stiff, but can be done.  To alleviate this, I've seen some who use bunk slides, such as Surfix Slides but wondered...in the tech skiff world an overwhelming majority of us were using "Liquid Rollers" or "Slydz".  I would probably only do 3/4 of the front bunks.  Just wondering if any of you have tried that yet?    

Have run it on every boat Ive owned and since I got the 25 been running it that trailer as well.  I applied it to all the bunks and its just where I want it... heard most were power unloading which I didnt care for especially when Im Solo alot. 

If Im with someone I back in as far as I can till without the boat being in the water, detach the winch strap and have the truck driver back in smoothly to the right position and she'll glide right off.  If solo the same would work but youd need to to tie the boat line to the dock.  I will caution that any abrupt movement in the truck / trailer I believe it would slide off so truck driver needs to no not to cause any.

I do not prefer tying to the dock if solo so I keep a short piece of rope on the winch stand that I loop thru the bow eye and take 1 wrap around the frame side where the bow roller is attached, I back the trailer in to the right depth, slowly back the winch down till the rope takes tension (and is now keeping the boat from moving to the rear) and I can take the winch strap off then let go of the short rope and she slides right off, I have the boat rope in my hand and jump up on the dock and follow down to tie off.

• Like 1

I coated the front bunks every six months with liquid roller. It’s night and day how easy to load and unload. Prior to the coating, it was difficult to hand crank that last three feet up. My wife can crank it with the liquid roller coating. The first couple of trips after the coating the boat would slide right back down thou. Had to leave the engine engage, if I was by myself to keep it close to the bow stop.