Seat post base that looks like a deck fill?

FooFoo502

My '94 MA17 has one between the two small bow storage and the large bow storage that looks exactly like a deck fill, but when you unscrew the cap, it fits a swivel ez style seat post and I can NOT locate one like it anywhere.  Was this standard on this model when it was new? I was thinking the original owner might have put it in because I think he might have put the backrest in as well as I've never seen one with the same type. I contacted Attwood and they had no idea what it was! LOL. Any ideas? Mine is rusting out bad and would like to replace it as it works great. I'll post a picture in the morning. There aren't any identifiers that I can see but it unscrews using a standard deck fill key

it is actually  two  parts. the deck part is the easy part to remove. Just unscrew the ss screws holding it on and remove. it is  decorative and keeps the water out. nothing to do with holding the pedestal. 

The hard part is the seat base. it is fiberglassed into place before the deck is put on. If it is solid but will not allow a pedestal to fit an easy fix is to get the proper size drill bit for your pedestal and drill out the seat base. it is usually just corroded but the drill bit is easier than sanding it out.

Replacing  the base is a MAJOR project.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, FooFoo502 said:

My '94 MA17 has one between the two small bow storage and the large bow storage that looks exactly like a deck fill, but when you unscrew the cap, it fits a swivel ez style seat post and I can NOT locate one like it anywhere.  Was this standard on this model when it was new? I was thinking the original owner might have put it in because I think he might have put the backrest in as well as I've never seen one with the same type. I contacted Attwood and they had no idea what it was! LOL. Any ideas? Mine is rusting out bad and would like to replace it as it works great. I'll post a picture in the morning. There aren't any identifiers that I can see but it unscrews using a standard deck fill key

I have the same on my 95 MA17.

I have never unscrewed it....might do so tomorrow.

dc

Yup they were OEM back in the day. Mine had about half dozen. I removed them all underneath but left the cover. Topic comes up here occasionally...usually when someone can't get a pin mount accessory out of them due to the rust. Someone may know the brand but if I remember correctly they have been superseded but a different style. Don't hold me to memory but don't think they are Attwood.

IMG_6676.jpeg

awesome...thanks for the info. I haven't taken it off to see but didn't realize the base was glassed in. I was thinking it was some kind screw from the bottom type thing. Whatever it is that's rusting is throwing off chunks every time i hose those two holds out so figured I'd better address it before I sit my fat butt on the leaning chair and just keep going