1981 Hewes Tarpon project

whitewesley11

1981 Hewes Tarpon.  17ft, rated for 115hp.  Clean Florida title.  Asking $2000 obo for hull and magic tilt trailer.  The price is a little high for the boat’s condition, but I’m hoping the rarity of the hull will be enough to hit the price point.  

The floor is soft, so there is no-doubt some wet wood in the stringers and transom.  My outboard mechanic is a big dude and he hung off my lower unit and it said the transom had plenty of life left in it, so I’ve been fishing the hell out of it for the summer.  My dad and I are currently fishing Homestead and Chokoloskee, we’ve routinely run 20-30 miles across Biscayne bay and she is kickin butt in the open water chop.  The hull is very versatile, I’ve poled it in 1ft of water and trolled for dolphin in 300ft the next day.

The magic tilt trailer needs some bunk and roller work but the frame is solid and structurally sound.  

The boat is currently powered with a 1980 75hp Evinrude Sport.  The motor was a freshwater motor until 2 years ago, it came off my uncle’s bass boat, that was rarely used and kept in a covered stall.  It runs great.  I will sell it as well for another $2K.  

I’m currently fishing the boat in Chokoloskee, but I live in Gainesville, Fl.  Driving home, I can deliver almost anywhere in the state of Florida.  

Call/Text: 713-822-3637