Best Battery?

civilized

Ok I am almost ready to install my new RipTide Ulterra 112lb. thrust. I need to re-rig my battery set up from 24V to 36V.

My question is: Is it worth it to go with the AGM maintenance free batteries and pay an extra 100.00 a pop or do I just stick with the regular 12v deep cycle? Looking at the Duracell Ultra battery, the maintenance free has a 30 mo. free replacement. The regular 12v deep cycle comes with a 12 month free replacement. Any thoughts/personal experiences? Thanks in advance!

DEKA series 31 would be the only way to go..I had them on my Pathy 22 when I had the 112 Ipilot.

I have never had a problem with DEKA....as mentioned, they are found by other names...

Why AGM?

Simple, you are going to be constantly charging them and the fumes front he standard, or even Maint free, will fill the holds and result in corrosion....

Find them at a good price and be done with it...you are looking at about 4-5 years life on them so it's not an issue...

dc

AGM's all the way. I've been using them for years. You can turn them on their side, upside down, anyway you want them with no worries. they also come back from a severe depletion much better than wet. Make sure the AGM's you purchase have the same mounting polls you presently have as they come with a few different options for attaching your power cords.

Archived