I did it again - dag nabbit!

DavisIslander

My RF18 has a bass seat plate up forward of the hatches.  The opening has a metal screw cap insert that is just like the gas tank cap.

You unscrew it, put your pedestal pole w/seat and away you go.  Yeah, just like that!

Sure enough dag nabbit, took the screw top off, put the pedestal in and bumped the top with my foot and it jumped up and rolled off the boat in 22 feet of water.  "You kidding me?"

And of course you can't buy a Perko 528008 CHR cap (only).

So...can I use the Perko rubber waste cap instead?  I'm thinking yes.

rubcap.jpg

perkocapinsert.jpg

2 hours ago, DavisIslander said:

My RF18 has a bass seat plate up forward of the hatches.  The opening has a metal screw cap insert that is just like the gas tank cap.

You unscrew it, put your pedestal pole w/seat and away you go.  Yeah, just like that!

Sure enough dag nabbit, took the screw top off, put the pedestal in and bumped the top with my foot and it jumped up and rolled off the boat in 22 feet of water.  "You kidding me?"

And of course you can't buy a Perko 528008 CHR cap (only).

So...can I use the Perko rubber waste cap instead?  I'm thinking yes.

rubcap.jpg

perkocapinsert.jpg

If that doesnt work( looks like it will), try a nautical flea market or used marine store. They have used pieces sometimes pretty cheap, plus might color match. (Already scuffed stainless is hard to come by new) 

Up Here in Hampton NH I dropped the gas cap to my (full)6 gallon mercury tank in 35 feet of cold water. No one around since it was freezing, I took off my cloths and dove to get it. Luckily clear water I got it and made run to NBYPT.

Worst experience, I shivered for hours. that's why I always carry a mask and snorkel and fins..