LED light bar

Island Style

Just curious what your doing with it? I have some 4 and 6 inch ones for the jeep and they are super bright, so that's gonna be a TON of light.

Check out wranglerforum.com it's a very active jeep forum similar to this one but has a lighting sub forum and this is very popular topic. You'll prob find a thread on this on first page.

When setting up for night time use you do not want much light hitting the deck. It needs to be destination orientated. If you want it for gigging the light source has to be between you and the fish. If you are in the light it will decrease your vision. I would think that putting it on the console would light the deck well but the water poorly.

Use and location of the light go hand in hand.

This seems to be a popular option nowadays... I fish a lot at night and I see all kinds of boats running around blazing these LED's. Problem is they apparently don't realize these things blind other boaters.... happened to me several times, Ive learned to get out my LED spot light and point it at their face (for navigation purposes) and see how they like it.

I've done a fair share of gigging and bow fishing and for doing either you'd be much better served getting the light below the surface of the water to reduce glare.

As far as a light to ***ist with finding navigation markers and such, you really need a spotlight so you can "scan" for them. Get a decent lithium LED one.

If your just looking to light up deck with a "work" light, the 24" LED bar is going to be WAY overkill and really be counter productive by knocking your night vision out. One of my little 4" LED pods would prob be the ticket, if not even too much

Archived