Tampa Bay gag diggin’ - Trip 2

pondfisher

Strong gag bite again on run #2. Ran out of bait. 
At one particular spot, could NOT move a fish off the bottom. Again and again we’d try... two 200 plus lbs guys with heavy tackle trying to get a fish off the bottom only to get abused over and over. We even tried one guy holding the rod up and one guy reeling but you could not turn the reel handle. Probably a Goliath. We need a chiropractor! Otherwise, easy limit on quality gags. Great season so far.

410C1A60-AB0C-4A6F-83F1-6E5339433310.jpeg

BC87EC5A-9203-4418-9F5F-EAC28C647F3A.jpeg

5787647C-1139-42D9-A922-0A86499F9548.jpeg

192173A6-BDC4-42CE-A35F-92369CA6EF53.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny,  when some Englishman refer to the "pond" they're referring to Ocean. Either way those were some nice Grouper you got there. This  past Sunday my wife pulled in this Bonito from Tampa Bay. I just happened to be holding it because I'd just grabbed it out of the water by the tail. Hate to gaff and leave a mark.

IMG-1470.thumb.JPG.7fb1ddf6b74fb6e07b557928dd52232e.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DavisIslander said:

I'm going to have to run some plugs this coming Saturday...need to get out on the water.

I just hate the Weekend Boaters and everything that comes with that.  UGH

But the lure of tasty grouper will always win!!

You and every other guy! I was out last sunday and hit 3 smaller spots and 2 out of 3 had someone on them. Makes it hard to troll when someone is anchored dropping bait on the spot. Pretty soon trolling will be weekdays only

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 7:23 PM, GlennF said:

That's funny,  when some Englishman refer to the "pond" they're referring to Ocean. Either way those were some nice Grouper you got there. This  past Sunday my wife pulled in this Bonito from Tampa Bay. I just happened to be holding it because I'd just grabbed it out of the water by the tail. Hate to gaff and leave a mark.

IMG-1470.thumb.JPG.7fb1ddf6b74fb6e07b557928dd52232e.JPG

Yeah they came in thick this year. Nice catch!

• Like 1