Redfisher 16 - Trolling Motor Recommendations

JEFFACK1

I have a 2001 Redfisher 16 and am looking for some recommendations on a trolling motor.  The boat already has the Minn Kota puck on it so I plan on staying with a Minn Kota trolling motor. 

So between the PowerDrive, Terrova and Ulterra which one should I go with?

Ideally, I would like to go with a lithium battery (maybe a single 24V), but would like to get some recommendations on that as well.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jeff 

I have a 2008 Redfisher 16 and I ordered a Riptide Terrova 80 54” about six weeks ago. I am still waiting for it! I did order a 24V Dakota  Lithium battery. I have a 36 v Ulterra on my bay boat and it is nice but I am already on my second one in 5 years and just got my new one back from the shop. The Powerdrive is an inferior product from what I have garnered from my research. Unfortunately all of these products are months back ordered.

21 hours ago, JEFFACK1 said:

I have a 2001 Redfisher 16 and am looking for some recommendations on a trolling motor.  The boat already has the Minn Kota puck on it so I plan on staying with a Minn Kota trolling motor. 

So between the PowerDrive, Terrova and Ulterra which one should I go with?

Ideally, I would like to go with a lithium battery (maybe a single 24V), but would like to get some recommendations on that as well.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jeff 

I just bought the terrova, figured I could lift it in the out of the water myself and less things to break.  Went with the 24V and interstate batteries.

Thanks for the replies and info.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Terrova 80 with I-Pilot and a single Dakota Lithium 24 volt battery. 

I like the idea of more weight up front, but putting two group 29 batteries under the console was going to be tight.

By the way I found a dealer that had the trolling motors in stock.  It is ordered and I just got a tracking number so fingers crossed!

Jeff

Wahoossi that is awesome.  I got mine on Friday and hopefully the battery will be here on Thursday. 

Mine already had the puck mounted on the boat so that was good and it was already wired. 

I am switching out the Marinco 40amp plug with the Marinco 70amp plug.  Just got to figure out where to mount the bigger plug because I don't think it will fit in the same location as the old plug.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...