Pathfinder 2300 Transducer Problem

Mike_Honcho

I have a 2021 Pathfinder 2300 HPS with a GT52HW-TM transducer with spray shield and a bronze thru-hull Airmar B60 transducer. When I get up to over 40 mph the last depth that was read will just continually flash on my Garmin 8610xsv. Has anyone else had this issue? I thought the thru-hull transducer's purpose was to be able to read depth while running?

I also have the B60 thru hull, but connected to Lowrance machine. It will read perfectly up to 60 mph if the water is calm. But, in a chop the picture comes and goes. I don't think this is unusual for any transducer regardless of how its installed,  or any brand of depth finder. If air is introduced under the hull, you are going to loose some or all your depth finding capabilities.  When I get air under the hull, I loose the digital "feet" reading. It does not flash, just goes away, but the graph or bottom signal still reads. It's broken up, but you can still tell what depth you are in. 

Mike, even though mine is a Hewes, the shop mounted my Garment transducer right in the “well” where my drain plug was located which resulted in severe prop cavitation. They moved it to the transom next to my starboard side next to the trim tab. I now lose all bottom signals at around 25 mph. I can live with it as I know the depths around this area. But as posted above, chop and air have a major impact on your display...David

• 3 weeks later...