Ram 1500 Leak

Coto

I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone with a Ram 1500, 2500, or 3500 series runs into a similar situation.

With all the heavy down pours of rain we have had lately I found that I had standing water inside the cab under the rear seat in the rear recessed tool compartments. They were like two small swimming pools. After thorough inspection and removal of the back seat and insulation I found it was coming from the two rear cabin pressure vents that are at the rear cabin wall. Couple of the flaps weren’t even closing and you could see the mildew waterline at the bottom of the seal that would eventually overflow into the cab. I ran a hose on the roof to confirm and you can see a small waterfall coming from the bottom of both vents. It was an easy fix and the two new vents were $25 for the pair. Ram also redesigned them so I guess they realized the original design was garbage. Took me all of one hour to do the swap. Who knows how much the dealer charges for that change out.

Just an FYI DIY tip for you Mopar owners.

• 3 weeks later...