12/24 VDC charge converter?

DaveC

I am wondering if any of you know about a DC Charger that can run in parallel with the crank battery but will also step up to charge my 24 VDC trolling motor batteries while I am up and running?  Seems like a waste of alternator amperage only to charge the start battery without being able to put some charge back into the trolling motor batts?   I'd like to do this to capitalize while I am running to a hole!

There are several systems on the market depending on what you want.

Most people here use a system by STEALTH, It takes the 12 volt and steps it up to 24 volt and then charges the 2 trolling batteries in series

The other system used by others is YANDINA. It takes the 12 volt and charges the two trolling batteries in parallel and has the ability to change the TM batteries from series to parallel depending on the need.

Each system also makes a system for 36 volts. So google each and go from there.

• Like 1

Absolutely! Few on the market. I run the Stealth 1 system. Give Danny the owner a call and chat with him for his particulars. Power Pole just came out with their system thats similar and I think Minn K has one. I know the Stealth paid for itself with me in that my AGMS average 7 years of life and rarely need AC charging but his system is capable of charge on fly and AC.

http://www.stealth1charging.com

• Like 1

I have a stealth with a 36V Lithium Ion.  Danny can hook you up with both a charger and a battery ( I believe his batteries are made by Lithium Pros).  Have had for about a year and it works fantastic! Only once have I run the battery down to where it would not power the trolling motor and it was a rough windy off shore day and that thing was running between 8 and 10 for hours.

The battery charges fast and has long lasting power.  Plus you get the added benefit of only having to run one battery vs two or three Wet Cells.  The 36V system saves over 100lbs.  They are pricey but well worth the money in the long haul.  Very happy with my setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pbspecial said:

I have a stealth with a 36V Lithium Ion.  Danny can hook you up with both a charger and a battery ( I believe his batteries are made by Lithium Pros).  Have had for about a year and it works fantastic! Only once have I run the battery down to where it would not power the trolling motor and it was a rough windy off shore day and that thing was running between 8 and 10 for hours.

The battery charges fast and has long lasting power.  Plus you get the added benefit of only having to run one battery vs two or three Wet Cells.  The 36V system saves over 100lbs.  They are pricey but well worth the money in the long haul.  Very happy with my setup.

Awesome!  Good to know!  Thank you