New Cover For My Redfisher

soflah3

Do you know what material the cover is made of ?  I have debated having a cover made for my LT Hewes 20fter for the wiinter months instead of shrink wrap. It now costs almost $400 to cover the boat each Fall. The good thing about Shrink wrap is its water proof and very tough and doesn't require any maintenance. I'm not around in the winter so the cover has to  be bullet proof. 

3 hours ago, polliwog said:

Do you know what material the cover is made of ?  I have debated having a cover made for my LT Hewes 20fter for the wiinter months instead of shrink wrap. It now costs almost $400 to cover the boat each Fall. The good thing about Shrink wrap is its water proof and very tough and doesn't require any maintenance. I'm not around in the winter so the cover has to  be bullet proof. 

Here is what the website says. Give them a call or email. They were very helpful when I contacted them

Our solution dyed, 100%  polyester covers are offered in two weights, 8oz. or 9 oz. per linear yard. The 8oz. cover is extremely breathable, it has a four year warranty and should hold up to UV rays an estimated 7-8 years. The 9oz. cover is extremely breathable, it has a five year warranty and should hold up to UV rays upwards of 10 years. The color is introduced into the polyester when it is in its solution state. This means that the color runs throughout the diameter of the fiber so it will not rub off or bleed onto the boat. We like to use the polyester material because it is lightweight, will not stretch or hardly fade in color over the life of the material.

• 2 weeks later...