how do you use the underseat storage?

FINCHASER

13 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Just seeing what everyone is using the storage area under the rear jump seats?  Ive spent a significant amount of time eliminating water getting into these areas and now looking at how best to use them.

Starboard side, I placed a plastic milk crate (to keep stuff 1/2 inch off the hull interior) into which go dock lines, fenders, lunch hook anchor and lunch hook anchor rhode.  On the port side is a plastic container with a handle on top (also to keep stuff off of hull interior) which contain a myriad of small stuff, e.g., a container of gasoline stabilizer, tow bridle, tube of grease, tube of snap lubricant, two large sponges, small squirt bottle of Simple Green, a few short lengths of that nylon stuff that is used in string trimmers in order to clear any obstruction out of the motor pee hole or water intakes and suntan lotion.

The area stays dry because I enlarged the holes in the stringers that let any water drain out into the bilge.

• Like 1

I have a square plastic bucket on the port side. The bucket has holes drilled all over it I keep dock lines and such in this bucket.  Also a box with a few tools in it and the house battery lives in the port side storage. On the starboard side  a milk crate that I had to cut down a little. Just for odds and ends to land in. The starting battery is on this side as well. 

17 hours ago, smilemaker said:

who needs seats?!

I would have said I bought the seats for the family, until  the guys went 30 miles off shore the first time. On the way out they were standing around the console. On the way in I looked up to realize I was by myself at the helm and both aft jump seats were occupied. 
 Seats, their not just for girls :)

1 hour ago, HoneyB said:

I would have said I bought the seats for the family, until  the guys went 30 miles off shore the first time. On the way out they were standing around the console. On the way in I looked up to realize I was by myself at the helm and both aft jump seats were occupied. 
 Seats, there not just for girls :)

This is spot on. After a full day in ENP my TRS seats are always occupied on the run back to the ramp. What I love about the TRS also is the access to the bilge.

I store my spare prop in a drybag on the starboard side and my lunch box that fits perfectly on the port side.

Port Side - Bucket with Cast net, holes drilled in bottom for drainage

Starboard side - Smaller Bucket with extra cleaning supplies

They will fit a 5 Gallon bucket but I have JL 8.8" speakers back there and the 5 gallon no longer fits with speakers cut in...

Ya'll might want to check the bracket mounting bolts on those chairs.  On my 2500, the factory used a machine screw that went through the bracket and into the fiberglass, with no nut on the backside.  They came lose within a few months.  I bought nine nylon lock nuts and washers and installed them on the underside of each seat bracket, they don't come lose anymore...

• Like 1