Anyone have Standard Mapping Florida West?

Foulhook

Let me start off by saying that I know FMT is superior but I don't need tracks and I am running a new Garmin, don't want to switch right now. I'm looking for a satellite overlay just so I can see where the grass starts, oyster bars, etc. in my areas when the sun is low. I fish Tampa Bay and was wondering if anyone has this chip and if so, can you show me a screenshot of their coverage for Tampa Bay? I tried the G3 Vision chip and it was terrible, just a few areas of detail and the rest was pixelated. Standard mapping seems to be the only other choice and have had friends say their LA chip is pretty good. Thanks in advance.

There is NO comparison to the FMT on any navigation system....the tracks at low tide are dead on and provide 100 times greater safety than any other overlay.

the only drawback now is that more and more fisherman and adopting the FMT in Florida and areas that took years to get into via experience are now opening...

The benefit - less damage to the ecosystem, especially in Flamingo, and probably a few lives saved from not being ejected at WOT on an oyster bar in Chokoloskee :)

DC

Yeah, I get that like I said before. I have run FMT on friend's boats. Problem is I just bought a new Pathfinder with a new Garmin unit and I don't want to go through the expense of changing. I don't need the tracks for my area, I just need the context of a satellite overlay to know if I am roughly in the cut I think I am, where the grass starts, etc.