What Is This

fin-addict

Oh my gosh, folks.  Really?   Clearly you aren't professional mechanics.   That is a frappydoowitzerthingy.   It is not porperly calibrated and definitely needs replacing.  Unfortunately, as you can see, they practically build the entire boat around it, so we will need to:

Remove console: $535

Disconnect and reconnect wiring:  $932

Replqce all screws with 316 stainless: $125 plus labor

Find replacement part: TBD

All in, assuming there are no surprises, you are looking at about a 5k job, but once its done, you wont have to worry about it for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Oh my gosh, folks.  Really?   Clearly you aren't professional mechanics.   That is a frappydoowitzerthingy.   It is not porperly calibrated and definitely needs replacing.  Unfortunately, as you can see, they practically build the entire boat around it, so we will need to:

Remove console: $535

Disconnect and reconnect wiring:  $932

Replqce all screws with 316 stainless: $125 plus labor

Find replacement part: TBD

All in, assuming there are no surprises, you are looking at about a 5k job, but once its done, you wont have to worry about it for awhile.

That’s what I thought it might be but did not want to that leap. Costly, suggest he sell the boat and get a new one. Don’t even think the make them anymore. Was not a big selling item. Thanks for chiming in as always with your expert and professional advice. Your the man. 😀👍🙏fin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...