Maverick HPX-S Carbon Edition Battery Locations for 24V Trolling Motor

tobyport

Is there a consensus regarding the best locations for trolling motor batteries for the HPX-S Carbon Edition?  I intend to use a 24V motor and lithium batteries.  My previous HPX-S (not a carbon edition) had the starting battery in the aft starboard compartment and TM batteries in the console.  Does anyone have one or two batteries located in the forward compartment for the TM?  I don’t intend to use an onboard battery charger.  I want to get the wiring properly installed during the build.  Thanks for the input!

I have all of my batteries in the console and the boat is butt heavy. Currently they are 3 AGMs weighing 40# a piece. For yucks I took the  tm batteries out and there was a major change in how the boat ran, polled and sat in the water. It also ran 2 mph faster.  I am going to switch to ion completely once I find a cranking battery at a reasonable price.  That should get me to the same weight distribution that the factory set up is. Keep in mind that the factory offers a 12 volt tm so there is 40# less right there to start with.  You might call Charlie at the plant. He has more time on the s as anyone. You already had one so you know how you use it makes a big difference how you set it up. Good luck!