2600 TRS Engine Choice

kmcfla

Looking for some guidance on engine selection.  I have a 2600 TRS on order.  Right now with a 300 Yamaha which I know is a great reliable engine but not the fastest on the hull.  I’m building a second station and hearing 50 will be about tops, so cruise in low/mid 30s.   I have been a Yamaha guy and Yamaha is running free yes warranty which is a plus.    

But, I’d love top speed to be closer to 60 so I can comfortably cruise 40mph/4000rpm.  Can anyone share their experience with either the 350 or 400 verado on a 2600 and what real world numbers you saw? I’m tempted to make the switch but cant find any good feedback if the change is worth it.  Don’t want to build the boat and regret it being too slow but also don’t want to change from Yamaha for a couple MPH.  

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Verado 350 on mine.  If you go this route make sure they order the warm fusion color.   They always try to stick cold fusion on there and it looks Ike hell.  With prop it came with (eco 3 blade) I could get to 60 with a 7-9 second plane time but that was completely empty.   With a heavy fishing load I was lucky to hit 50.  Now I run rev 4 and it gets 54 light or heavy and a plane time of 1-2 seconds.  It is completely unaffected by load weight now.   Mid range is great and it goes shallow because the stern rides higher and the boat rides flatter in general. I like it.   I would buy the 400 warm fusion and you’ll get at least 3 more mph than that and 6-9 better than the Yamaha 300

• 3 months later...
On 2/25/2021 at 11:02 PM, Vapor Trail said:

I have a Verado 350 on mine.  If you go this route make sure they order the warm fusion color.   They always try to stick cold fusion on there and it looks Ike hell.  With prop it came with (eco 3 blade) I could get to 60 with a 7-9 second plane time but that was completely empty.   With a heavy fishing load I was lucky to hit 50.  Now I run rev 4 and it gets 54 light or heavy and a plane time of 1-2 seconds.  It is completely unaffected by load weight now.   Mid range is great and it goes shallow because the stern rides higher and the boat rides flatter in general. I like it.   I would buy the 400 warm fusion and you’ll get at least 3 more mph than that and 6-9 better than the Yamaha 300

Thank you.  I’ve followed your build posts on hull truth and got a lot of great ideas from you!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...