Shimano TranX200 low profile bait casting reel

redzone1

Does anyone have any experience with the Shimano TranX low profile bait casting reel?  I am considering adding a couple of the low profile bait casters to my arsenal, mainly for throwing top water baits.  Can’t decide between Abu Garcia Revo Inshore, the subject shimano, Chronarch G, and the Lew’s Inshore.  Opinions are appreciated.

Ive been using a tranx 400 since it came out its a love & disappointment relationship.  I use it for bottom fishing and throwing live baits for snook, the reel is a beast a can take hard use with out breaking.  Its down fall is water getting into the reel especially around the pinion bearing and it gets corroded.  Another part I dont remember the name of needs replaced about every year cause it gets corroded so bad

I stick with it cause its the most durable reel Ive come across.... tried Daiwa Lexa HD and its exact opposite of the Tranx never seems to need service but put it under load and then it doesnt wanna work (I bent 2 spool shafts)