Mercury V12

mulligan

53 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

Seems like ALOT to break, hopefully I'm wrong. The 2 speed transmission could be cool 

The transmission could be a good thing, maybe it will work its way down the HP. Could make boats way more fuel efficient thru the mph ranges. Agree thats a ton of stuff to break, rotating lower units. I cringe at the cost of replacing a regular one. Cant imagine that one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Cheaper than the  Seven Marine .

Which went out of business .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

The only thing keeping me from buying one is the weight..🤪

I think my 22 Pathfinder would be a fast bay boat with 600 hp. I could get Marcus to help with the prop.

👍🤣🤣🤣😎🎣...... I’ll keep the old Yamaha....she runs great, really good on fuel consumption and is paid for. 👍 JJ

• Like 1

Gosh, I can remember when Dad upgraded our Thompson Lapstrake from a 50hp Evinrude to a Johnson Seahorse 90 and we thought that was badass till we ran across some other teenagers that summer running a 115 Mercury that merc seemed so tall and funny looking but it was fast.

No wonder Bombardier shut down Evinrude last year.

Lets see in a couple of years.

I remember when the pod drives were introduced to replace shaft drive inboards. "Same principal as the new Mercs." Now days most all the big sport fish boats are going back to straight shaft inboards. The poor folks that got caught with the pod drive boats took a real beating on their boats value. Then a 2 speed transmission. Lots going on there running in heavy seas the way I see it.

I like the block design but the complexity of the drives is a deal breaker for me. Not to mention I can buy a 600 HP diesel for less than this outboard. Get almost the same fuel economy at a cheaper priced fuel and if maintained get 8K hours out of it.

One thing for sure there is a market for these engines or they would not have invested in this technology.

Skip and the gang are probably already planing for a 55 foot Cobia.😉

• 3 weeks later...

Something tells me that Mercury at this day and age would not go to market with something that would possibly put a bruiser on them.  I am sure that they spent years looking into something like this....I personally hope that this becomes something.  It would bring a fresh change to the market.....JMO!!!!