MA 17 - moving the console to the side ??

Wanaflatsfish

I'm taking the skiff down for a few months and DonH and I will be rewiring her from bow to stern.  I"m going to redo the console.

Keeping it simple.....

Has anyone moved their console from the center to the side?  Any pics please.

I like the idea of extra room on the side of the console to walk about the deck.

The chase is on the right, so, plenty of room to do so...the only issue will be to potentially get a new throttle cable...but, the current one should work.

Thoughts?

DC

You will never look back after you move it to the side, I did mine on my 16' Bonefisher and I loved it. If I remember there was about 4" from the inside of the gunnel to the side of the console, installed a set of vertical rod racks and still left enough room to put/store rods under the gunnel while sitting. With two in the boat, which is the way I almost always fished (with the wife), it balances the boat and is easier to drive with the offset console. Go for it.

• Like 1

I  had an old boat that I  reconfigured to a side console.  For any small boat that you sit down  with a sterring  wheel it can't be  beat.  It allows you  to  drive while slow trolling  and working the rod to the side.

If yo go thst way think about putting it hard to the gunnel and running the rigging  down the side. A lot easier to do and work with