hewes 18 redfisher or dolphin 18 backcountry pro. pros/cons looking to buy new boat

redfisher18181818

The Hewes is a bigger boat at 18'10" and slightly wider BUT... id definitely go check out the dolphin in person before making a decision. I almost purchased an 18' from the 80's and it was a tank that rode great with that 20 degree deadrise! I just didn't want the ficht that was hanging off the back. As far as resale goes, Ill tell you the older dolphins hold their value just as well as the Hewes and action crafts do IME. 

• 3 weeks later...

Redfisher, just my own opinion but take a look at both of them. There’s nothing worse then buying one and then wishing you looked closer at the other one. Just like a woman, it’s going to take your money so pick the right one lol. Also and just import, what type of fishing you’ll be doing. As one member advised, how much poling are you going to do. I’ve got the 18 Hewes and it’s great for NE Florida! Come May- July when it becomes lake Atlantic, I would have no doubt about trolling along the tide line for kings or casting for Cobia. But take your time and choose the right one for yourself!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...