MBG supplied gel coat mixing question

Vapor Trail

I have a chip in my keel and I was going to patch it with the gel coat that came with my boat.  It came with two small containers that weren't marked.  I assume its the two parts of the mixture for the hull color I have.  Is it still good after two years?  What is the mixture ratio I should use?  Thank you 

6 hours ago, Vapor Trail said:

I have a chip in my keel and I was going to patch it with the gel coat that came with my boat.  It came with two small containers that weren't marked.  I assume its the two parts of the mixture for the hull color I have.  Is it still good after two years?  What is the mixture ratio I should use?  Thank you 

Is your hull all one color?  I received two containers of factory gelcoat with my new Redfisher - one white and one guide green, to match my two tone boat.  There was no catalyst provided.  The shelf life is 6 months at best, so your gelcoat is too old I'm afraid.

You can buy fresh gelcoat, in vendor-matched colors here:  https://spectrumcolor-com.3dcartstores.com/Gel-Coat-Search_c_7.html

• Like 1