stereo upgrade - best bang for the buck

Wanaflatsfish

I'm not a stereo person...meaning I don't know what works best for the $.

I've seen on the forum the waterworks system with the blue tooth on the tower....I have a set of speaker holes in the bow....

What is the best system...

Do you need an amplifier?  If so, is it fusion?  Water works? J&L Marine....others...

I do find with the two stroke, the two speakers in the bow do not generate enough sound to hear when running....Should I get the blue tooth off the stern or install on the console wired?

dc

Dino, 

I agree with all of the above except the phone via bluetooth, sorry lap but for me I found it did not work if you are using the phone solely as a control point for the music. Typically I put my phone away when on the boat but when I had my bluetooth adapter installed on my amp I had my phone out and used it for music. However I realized that it was not a good idea for me because of the following; it was always out or I had to dig it out to raise the volume, skip a song, etc. if I left it out the it would bounce around while underway. I found fish slim or just wet hands I would have issues with the touch screen to open the phone to adjust settings.

I found the Kicker head unit that fit in a 3-3/8 inch gauge hole with bluetooth connected to my phone was my ticket. It had large buttons, easy to control with wet or slimy hands. I could pause, raise volume, skip songs all from the head unit, no digging out a phone, it is now tucked away safely in the center console. I still have the fusion bluetooth adapter for an amp if you want to try it though. For sandbar days it works just fine. 

I should have been more specific.  I meant a bluetooth controller to your phone.  There are many companies and models these days.  Bluetooth dongle direct to a phone works great, but you do need to touch the phone to switch a song or control volume.  Those gauge style radios are neat if you have room in the console.   

image.png.ede3dc562ebe05cde3e08ee8fff02455.png

23 hours ago, Wahoossi said:

Another option for Bluetooth control is what I use. I typically listen to Spotify and can control volume, song changing and just about everything I need from my Apple Watch. Again , no need for the DEWALT !

BC53E3FC-E823-433C-A29F-A8AAD499D54E.jpeg

nice idea....I have an older iPhone for music and an IWatch I might upgrade and can then use this idea.

DC