2005 TRS question

Fly-305

• 2 weeks later...

I can probably get that for you this weekend. You did not mention the windshield being down but I will assume, since it folds over, and lower that as well. Keep in mind that my Ameratrail trailer is lower when compared to most trailers. A standard garage door opening height is 7' and the intention of the folding rail and windshield is to allow for height clearance. Older or poorly adjusted doors do not fully open and thus close off part of the opening. That can be adjusted but you will want to get a professional  garage door company to do it. Garage doors seem perfectly harmless, think sleeping alligator, but those cables and springs can jump to life and sever parts of you that you would gladly pay $300 to keep. 

Width might be the bigger issue. The boat alone is 8' 1" wide. Standard width for a garage door is 8'.  Game over. If you have the guide posts on your trailer you need to figure another 6"+- of width required (8' 7" minimum). I will measure that too. With operator error I would want a 9' wide opening (that is still darn tight).

My garage is too short and the opening not tall enough or wide enough (rail and windshield up) to house my boat. All the solutions to correct the short comings of my structure would cost 50% or more of the boat. A nice $700 boat/motor cover and offsite storage $25/ month (no, I am not kidding) were my solutions.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...