Battery Replacement

YankeeRedfisher

Getting my RF18 ready for it's annual trip to  SGI FL. I'm up here in Maryland on the Chesapeake bay.  New bearings on the trailer ,new tires, All lights converted to LEDS. Thought I better check my battery situation.

To my surprise , my records show that I replaced all 3 batteries in 3/2011!! Oh boy, I'm pushing the limit I thought. I have 3 Optima Blue Tops D34M . All are wired up using HOBO's scheme. I keep them charged all the time using an on board PRO Mariner 3 bank charger. Boat sits on a lift at my dock and then on a trailer when I make my annual run to Apalachicola FL. I found replacements  at $228.99 locally.

I'm sold on how well Optima Blue Blue tops hold up and continually perform  me. These where still working fine but I did not want to ruin a vacation with battery failure down in the FOGOTTEN COAST and not at home with all the tools.

Just thought I'd share my experience with deep cycle batteries. I had 3 boats at one time up here in MD; my RF18, a 24 ' GradyWhite ,and my Lowes Roughneck 18 " johnboat boat for crabbing. All had Optima Blu Tops and Yamaha engines .

• Like 1