Best Friend

fin-addict

I lost my best friend early yesterday. This was sudden and without warning. He has now crossed over the Rainbow Bridge to be with his Mommy (Stef). He was my fishing and boating partner for 12 years and so much more. He held me together after Stef passed. He was a Velcro Puppy. Buddy will surely be missed as he was a major part of my life. 

B53C053E-C513-44D3-ADD1-DCDCF03196B7.jpeg

5C987589-FC6E-4198-B318-F9255CDDE3BB.jpeg

51FE1A12-2C7D-4F83-ADE2-C9BC1CE87D66.jpeg

4247D4D1-2C43-4C04-B84A-489DAF481286.jpeg

386360F1-FDD3-46EC-B43C-764FB1ABB7BC.jpeg

86AC446D-BCE8-42EC-814A-D59A9E23B45C.jpeg

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Sunstone said:

So sorry to hear, lost too many myself with my Mickey passing suddenly last June at 11.  Have a new best friend I rescued 6 months ago from the Humane society. 

That’s great. Buddy was a rescue also. Year old when we got him. Sorry for your losses. 😀👍🙏fin

Just brought my Buddy home. A little of him will be put in a vial and buried by his mommy. Some sprinkled over our favorite fishing spot. Another vial sealed and permanently attached inside the boat so he will always be with me. “The Guardian” of Fin-Addict. May calm seas and gentle breezes follow them.

2E554ABE-4A13-47AD-86B2-D453EDEF00D6.jpeg

Fin,

There truly is no words that can make a moment like this seem better. No, as you already know Buddy can’t just be replaced. But try and hold on to those precious moments. In time, you’ll be ready for another one to stick like Velcro to you. But until then, think of all the great memories and adventures you’ve been through with Buddy. You’ll know when it’s time. My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you. Just know that God has a reason for all!.......David

• Like 1

Always hard to loose one as they are part of the family. Lost our last one to cancer and my wife said no more. I prevailed and within 6 mos. had a new two year old. People who love dogs can't seem to be without them. Perhaps after your grieving period your new best friend will find you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeH said:

We don't personally know each other, but I feel as if I know you through all your posts to this forum. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Buddy and of your wife. My thoughts are with you. Mike

Thank you very much Mike. Welcome to this forum family. It’s the greatest forum out there. 😀👍🙏fin

• Like 2

Fin,

Just came across something from a show that I watch called Heartland.  It's a great family show, anyway. Konard Lorenz won the Noble Peace Prize in 73' for his  works with animals. He was one of the founders of modern ethology, the study of animal behavior.  This was on the show last night and I found  it fitting for you.

"The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be." 

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss, we lost our big boy Mac in June it was suddenly and unexpected even though he was almost 13 and had some medical issues. This is him with his buddy Guss. We never thought we would get another pup after him. But we finally found the right one a White Shepard named Luna. Here is her on her first boat ride. Mac will never be replaced, but Luna has become our perfect dog. Give it a little time and maybe the right partner will show up at the right time. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

16011176-A5B7-4FB9-A57F-E252DFBE0557.jpeg

C19EABFD-286F-4EEB-9E51-7612E2971C5A.jpeg

0789FD9B-6DF1-4BB9-A230-CD5CD7784FB1.jpeg

22 hours ago, Mad Beach Hewes said:

I am so sorry for your loss, we lost our big boy Mac in June it was suddenly and unexpected even though he was almost 13 and had some medical issues. This is him with his buddy Guss. We never thought we would get another pup after him. But we finally found the right one a White Shepard named Luna. Here is her on her first boat ride. Mac will never be replaced, but Luna has become our perfect dog. Give it a little time and maybe the right partner will show up at the right time. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

16011176-A5B7-4FB9-A57F-E252DFBE0557.jpeg

C19EABFD-286F-4EEB-9E51-7612E2971C5A.jpeg

0789FD9B-6DF1-4BB9-A230-CD5CD7784FB1.jpeg

So sorry for your loss. The GS is a good looking pup as was your other. My she give you many years of love. 😀👍🙏fin

• Like 1