Battery fill made easy

fin-addict

If I recall correctly there was a thread recently about batteries and negative remarks about batteries that need to be checked and filled and the PIA it was. I have always used these batteries since boating and yes a real PIA to say the least. The worst that I have encountered are the starting batteries on my Pathy 22. Their tucked under the stb aft deck and have to be pulled halfway out to service. With the bad back this is a chore to put it mildly. So after having her for about a year I decided to go back to the system that I have used for the last 15 years.

its called Quick Fill, very simple and only takes about a few minutes to do the whole job. I’ll explain. Once you set the system up for the first time it’s done except for connecting the feed hose when filling. 

Remove all the fill caps and replace them with the yellow manifold unit.

Connect the hoses, cut to size, all done.

when needing fill up, connect fill hose with primer bulb hose to hose fitting from battery manifold . From one battery there is a hose from the manifold to the other batteries manifold so both fill at same time. Other end of fill hose goes into a gallon jug of distilled water. You then pump until firm.

unsnap fill house from battery house, put cap back on fitting end and your finishes.

this can be used for one hard to reach battery or several that are tied together.

photos shown of TM batteries in consol and starting batteries under deck in aft locker.

this may help in deciding to keep these kinds of batteries. It did for me. 

Sorry this was long and not intended as a infomercial, lol. 😀👍🙏fin

EDBA41F6-002C-4856-B0E7-CD8CDCDEB7D7.jpeg

AAF3B72E-BD52-4F53-A53F-080884F396BB.jpeg

AF533378-AA20-4517-99F0-4891B06428C3.jpeg

2CD67544-F97A-4DD1-81B4-CEFF1D12E94B.jpeg