Adding rod holders to Hybrid 2500.

reelhooked

I'm very happy with my new Hybrid 2500, but I'm kicking myself for not ordering a few additional rod holders to be installed at the factory.

I'm looking to add a couple of rod holders, but thought I would reach out to Hybrid 2500 owners to see what other owners have done.

I'm trying to make my mind on brand and the angle of the rod holder.

What did you install and roughly where?

Ideas appreciated.

Tight lines.

I just took delivery of my 2500 a few weeks ago.  My dealer installed two 10° rod holders on either side of the anchor locker.  

I bought 4 extra 30° Pathfinder (Gemlux) rod holders at that time of delivery because I was concerned that, down the road, I could not find matching rod holders.

After fishing the boat a couple of times, I got my 2 1/8” hole saw out and started drilling!

I installed a pair as far forward as practical in the covering boards.  The second set was installed even with the leaning post.  I wanted to make them convenient when bottom fishing but not hinder the under gunnel rod storage.

l’ve had thoughts about installing another pair of rod holders next to the gas fill, but very careful measuring will be required.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:16 AM, Bamaskeet said:

I just took delivery of my 2500 a few weeks ago.  My dealer installed two 10° rod holders on either side of the anchor locker.  

I bought 4 extra 30° Pathfinder (Gemlux) rod holders at that time of delivery because I was concerned that, down the road, I could not find matching rod holders.

After fishing the boat a couple of times, I got my 2 1/8” hole saw out and started drilling!

I installed a pair as far forward as practical in the covering boards.  The second set was installed even with the leaning post.  I wanted to make them convenient when bottom fishing but not hinder the under gunnel rod storage.

l’ve had thoughts about installing another pair of rod holders next to the gas fill, but very careful measuring will be required.

Can you post some pictures when you get a chance?

• 2 months later...