Pathfinder Questions?

flatsfisher772

In the market for a 2200/2400 Pathfinder Tournament Edition. Will most likely have to get something older than 2010 based on my budget. Doing some research and wanted to get some insight on the following:

- Any years to avoid or years that have big improvements over others?
- Any motors/years to avoid or motors/years that are known to be tried and true?
- How many hours is too many?
- Did the 2400’s have the same wet floor issue as the 2200’s?
- Anything in particular to inspect/have checked when looking at a used boat?

Thanks in advance!
  • Like 1

I’ve had 24’s with 200HPDI  and F250 hp....the older models had side cockpit drains and would allow water into the hull with two grown men standing in back and water in livewells.

My 22 is a 2009 model and it has the 25” transom and has a F150TXR on back....no water issues at all with any of the 25” transom XL models. I just had to get familiar with 45 mph with the 150 instead of 60 mph with the 250.

As for hours on a motor....my 200 HPDI had 1600 hours on it when I took it off and put the F250 on the 2400. Keep in mind that those early models only have a 20” transom and were made for two stroke motors. This is why you hear about wet feet in those... people put the four strokes on and the additional weight make the stern sit lower in the water. Some people put plugs in the cockpit drains and that solves the water intrusion problem.

in my opinion, I would suggest that you look for a later model with the 25” transom built to accommodate the four strokes.

please keep in mind that this opinion is based on my experience with owning and fishing both models. 

Good luck, JJ

53 minutes ago, Chief5130 said:

My 2002 does not have side drains.  No water intrusion with raybuds.

My 24 was an early 2001 and had the same drains as 1999 and 2000 models....I just put drain plugs in them and rocked on. But it really got bad when I put the F250 on her. I think the next year, they went to drains out transom and larger size holes. I’ve always heard the ray buds worked great.   I should have kept that boat ( how many times have we said that ? ) however, I’m happy with the 22 for the fishing I do. 

On 3/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, fishmanjj said:

I’ve had 24’s with 200HPDI  and F250 hp....the older models had side cockpit drains and would allow water into the hull with two grown men standing in back and water in livewells.

My 22 is a 2009 model and it has the 25” transom and has a F150TXR on back....no water issues at all with any of the 25” transom XL models. I just had to get familiar with 45 mph with the 150 instead of 60 mph with the 250.

As for hours on a motor....my 200 HPDI had 1600 hours on it when I took it off and put the F250 on the 2400. Keep in mind that those early models only have a 20” transom and were made for two stroke motors. This is why you hear about wet feet in those... people put the four strokes on and the additional weight make the stern sit lower in the water. Some people put plugs in the cockpit drains and that solves the water intrusion problem.

in my opinion, I would suggest that you look for a later model with the 25” transom built to accommodate the four strokes.

please keep in mind that this opinion is based on my experience with owning and fishing both models. 

Good luck, JJ

Appreciate the info! When you say later model, what years should I look for? And does that go for both the 2400 and 2200?