One Rod. The Rod

rubble

What is your one go-to rod for inshore OR Bass fishing?  The rod you use to feel a granule of sand or shale on the bottom. When the fish just barely take the lure and you need the ultimate sensitivity. Looking for a Casting rod setup that meets these needs. Texas rig, jigs, chatterbait, etc.  

do you have to move up to a $500 rod or are there more moderate priced options?  Loomis, St Croix, Shimano, Star, Cashion, Okuma...  GO!

I have to admit, I have been buying Diawa BG reels coupled with their Diawa rod...trying to remember the model, but, it is only about a $60 rod.  One piece.  7 footer.  That coupled with 10 lb braid line, it the most sensitive rod I have owned...take it for what it's worth, but IMO, they are great for the $.

SixGill Fishing... My baitcasters are the Myakka series and my spinnning are the Creature series...They currently have a BOGO going on with the rods....

https://sixgillfishing.com/ 

My Myakka series are $169, but you can get 2 for 1 right now.

Built in Texas with Japanese Toray carbon fiber...Light, Sensitive and strong...you can also match their reels as well.  My spinning reels are the Banshee series.  I do not have a baitcaster yet from them.  Currently throwing Shimano's

Falcon Low Rider series’s Rods have extremely good sensitivity.....$ 129.00 each....and they come in bait cast or spin types. I use AbuGarcia Revo X Inshore low profile bait casters and Shimano Stradic for Spinners. There are plenty of good Rod and reel manufacturers out there....and everybody will have an opinion. As for line.... I use Fins in Windtamer on baitcast and 40G on spin. I fish all artificial bait so I’m using 10 and 12 lb test normally. 

My issue is casting accuracy with casting light lures accurately under docks with the ability to handle larger snook . Seems the 2 things are hard to have in a single rod. When I go up in power I lose accuracy. I am using Loomis 7'6" IMX Med and St Croix 7 ft Med Greenwater, 20lb braid and 40/50 lb leader. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose .  That's dock fishing  guess.