Seadeck or similar for under gunnel, template already made?

Foulhook

I want to just do the under gunnel area to protect the boat and reels from themselves. Contacted MarineMat and they do not have a template but I could create one. Looking for a company that might already have the template so I can just order the materials directly. I can DIY (I think).

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Quick update for search. Castaway Customs quoted me $660 installed. I said yes and they said to let them know what color and pattern and they would send an invoice. I chose faux teak and that made the invoice $1029. Called around some more and Aquatraction was the most responsive, quoted $600 faux teak installed. From online reviews, doesn't seem like a lot of difference in all of these flooring choices. Besides, this is just for under the gunnel in my case.

19 hours ago, Coto said:

Dang that’s a big jump from $660 to $1029...I would do the aqua traction. Like you said Steve is going under the gunnel 👍

"More machine time" she said. They must have slow machines. I told her I was going to shop it around and she said good luck. Before that I figured they had enough room to negotiate and not let a customer get away. Oh well. 

18 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Did you consider buying sheet material on eBay or Amazon?  I think I would go that way to just put it under the gunnels. As a matter of fact I plan on doing just that at some point. 

It is so visible on these boats that I don't trust myself to make it look right.

23 hours ago, Foulhook said:

Quick update for search. Castaway Customs quoted me $660 installed. I said yes and they said to let them know what color and pattern and they would send an invoice. I chose faux teak and that made the invoice $1029. Called around some more and Aquatraction was the most responsive, quoted $600 faux teak installed. From online reviews, doesn't seem like a lot of difference in all of these flooring choices. Besides, this is just for under the gunnel in my case.

Okay, I'm trying to get my head around this.   $600+ for a piece of rubber that is <2' x 8'?   Did you happen to get an estimate for the material cut but NOT installed?   My carpet is detached and tattered, I'd love to get seadeck there . . . but not for half the price of a new power pole!       I don't mind doing the miserable work of cleaning and prepping the area.

And Ralph, if you can cut the stuff, could do it and do you have the template for an 18 MA?

10 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Okay, I'm trying to get my head around this.   $600+ for a piece of rubber that is <2' x 8'?   Did you happen to get an estimate for the material cut but NOT installed?   My carpet is detached and tattered, I'd love to get seadeck there . . . but not for half the price of a new power pole!       I don't mind doing the miserable work of cleaning and prepping the area.

And Ralph, if you can cut the stuff, could do it and do you have the template for an 18 MA?

$660 was for plain Sea Dek (no design), not installed. $160 for install. Aquatraction with the faux teak design is $600 installed.