Finally got the new motor

Chief5130

3 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

Let me know how it performs....I may do the same on my 22PF.  What was total cost with controls, installed etc ? Thanks, JJ

The motor was 13,500 after rebate (white was extra).  Controls, upgraded gauge and cables 2050, 800 labor.  I got 2000 for the trade in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, fishmanjj said:

Let me know how it performs....I may do the same on my 22PF.  What was total cost with controls, installed etc ? Thanks, JJ

I got a new prop from Power Tech.  It is the OFX3: 15.25 x 25.  I get 50 MPH at WOT which is 3 more than the with the 150 Yamaha.  The big improvement is the MPG.  Best with the Yamaha was 3.8, now 5.2, some times better.

I have one more prop coming.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, Chief5130 said:

I will say that it is very quiet and smooth running.

Yes, Suzuki is the quietest motor out there.  Since we spend a lot of time in the vicinity of wildlife, quiet is our number 1 factor in choosing a motor.  When we got the first Pathfinder, a 2000V, the dealer very strongly encouraged the Yamaha.  Said the boat was designed with the Yamaha people for the best performance.  The Yamaha is a 9 on the 1-10 scale of noise with 10 being the quietest.  The Suzuki is a 10.

Best of luck with it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

Yes, Suzuki is the quietest motor out there.  Since we spend a lot of time in the vicinity of wildlife, quiet is our number 1 factor in choosing a motor.  When we got the first Pathfinder, a 2000V, the dealer very strongly encouraged the Yamaha.  Said the boat was designed with the Yamaha people for the best performance.  The Yamaha is a 9 on the 1-10 scale of noise with 10 being the quietest.  The Suzuki is a 10.

Best of luck with it!

quieter than a Honda?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

quieter than a Honda?

That's a good question Dave.  I've never run a Honda (except across my lawn).  I did have a couple of Suzuki in the past, a 50 hp and a 90.  Often, while pulling up to a dock, folks would call out, "is that thing running??".

I'll check out the next Honda I see out on the water, might have to crank up the "quiet scale" to an 11.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

That's a good question Dave.  I've never run a Honda (except across my lawn).  I did have a couple of Suzuki in the past, a 50 hp and a 90.  Often, while pulling up to a dock, folks would call out, "is that thing running??".

I'll check out the next Honda I see out on the water, might have to crank up the "quiet scale" to an 11.

That was my experience with a Honda also--just like their lawn motors, motors for power washers and generators---super quiet!  

• 3 weeks later...

One more note.  I took the motor for its 20hr. service.  Talking to Bill, the owner, he told me he sold the motor I traded in.  I was wondering how long it would take as most boats in this part of the world have 25" transoms.  Well he sold it to a gentleman that has it on a 18" Hewes Redfisher.  I thought that was some karma keeping it in the family so to speak.