Anti Siphon valve problem . Refisher 18

Alopez0105

Hello everyone,  I am having issues when filling up my gas tank . I have to do it slowly or the gas comes back up real quick . I've check the hoses and no cringes.  Disconnected them and nothing stuck between them either . Someone mentioned that it could be the anti siphon valve . Question is . Anyone know the size ? Also any tips on getting this replaced ? I imagine that disconnecting this fuel hose . Fuel will come out of it so towels and rags for sure . Also anyone know what the size would be ? I have f115 and it's a redfisher 18. Thanks 

Also having issues with the engine dropping too low in rpms coming back from Highs into neutr.al It drops to like 5s and wants to stalls and then quickly recovers . I've cleaned injectors . Vst filter . Regular filters . Plugs etc .

20210403_151653.jpg

If your having trouble Filling the tank the Vent and vent hose would be a point of concern. As fuel enters the tank air must escape. It the vent and or hose connecting it to the tank are comprised (kinked or clogged) it will stop or slow fuel being able to enter. The anti siphon fitting would not cause tank filling problems. However it could cause fuel getting to the motor problems. I removed my Anti Siphon and it did solve a fuel starving problem I was dealing with. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jh141 said:

If your having trouble Filling the tank the Vent and vent hose would be a point of concern. As fuel enters the tank air must escape. It the vent and or hose connecting it to the tank are comprised (kinked or clogged) it will stop or slow fuel being able to enter. The anti siphon fitting would not cause tank filling problems. However it could cause fuel getting to the motor problems. I removed my Anti Siphon and it did solve a fuel starving problem I was dealing with. 

Thanks . What made you remove it and not just replace it?

43 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

You might want to look at the carbon canister and vent line routing. I doubt it the anti syphon valve I’d your tank is slow filling. I had this issue on our Maverick and I found the vent line kinked.

Ding ding ding...winner winner chicken dinner :)

Antisiphon has nothing to do with slow fuel loading...it's used to prevent siphon of the fuel into the boat in the event of a open line...but, they are a PIA as they clogg with dirt.

I don't have any on mine; however, I am very very diligent on how my lines are attached.

You either have a kinked line or some type of back up in the carbon, I forgot about that one....yes, boats release SO MUCH VAPOR WE HAVE TO CONTROLL IT :)

Get an air compressor and see if you can blow out the fuel vent line....99% sure it's some type of restricition  (if you didn't have the problem before), check the carbon filter on the vent line (if it's installed)....and then check for the kink or something in the vent line...sometimes wasps or other things clog it.

DC

18 hours ago, Alopez0105 said:

Also having issues with the engine dropping too low in rpms coming back from Highs into neutr.al It drops to like 5s and wants to stalls and then quickly recovers . I've cleaned injectors . Vst filter . Regular filters . Plugs etc .

that sounds like antisiphon....or you have a leak in the fuel line at the bulb, or your bulb is going bad...if you pump the bulb while running does it go hard then soft...

dc

as a rule if the antisyphon goes bad the bulb will go flat while running since fuel cannot get in the line fast enough. a hole before the bulb will cause it to *** air but if a pinhole it will still fill the bulb but slower. After the bulb you should see fuel leaking when you pump the  bulb.

I figured out the problem with the slow filling . Months ago I bought an extended hitch so the trailer would be leveled.  Since then I started having the problem.  It's the angle of the bow at the gas station that now that is leveled I'm having issues filling up but if I lift it using thr jack stand then it fills perfectly fine. 

Going into the anti siphon issue . I bought a replacement one but still haven't decided what to do of either replacing it or just punching out the ball. Is the bulb supposed to always stay rock hard while running ?