PROP RECOMMENDATION FOR 23 HPS/250 SHO WITH TTOP AND OTHER QUESTIONS

BLAINE

Just got a new to me 2018 23 HPS with a 250 SHO (50 hours) and a ttop. Boat is amazing. It has a 15x21 Powertech prop. I have not had a whole bunch of time on the boat but the prop is underwhelming with a load (the holeshot was not great and the top speed with 4 people and half a tank was 52mph, 55 with 2 people and half a tank). I was jacked and tilted. It gets plenty of rpms. Wondering if I should spring for the HS4 23 in the bulletin? Does this boat run better with a 4 blade?  Also wondering what everybody else is getting (and what props you have) with a 250 SHO and ttop. Thx

Yes the boat can preform better with a four blade prop. The bravo 1FS seems two run well on that hull. I’m thinking 23 is your 23 is the one you want but there is a guy here with that hull and motor that should be along shortly shore that up. I have run a HS4 and they are pretty nice props too. I think loaded the 22 would do better than 23 in that prop with a load on the boat. 
 You did not mention what your rpm was getting to but if your thinking of going to one of these other props there is info out there to get you where you need to be. 

Hi Blaine, nice ride! Slip a Mercury Bravo 1 FS on there in 22 pitch and see what happens. You can probably turn a 23 pitch, but it's touch and go depending on a lot of factors. I'd go with a 22p and get some solid numbers on it, then have it worked into what you want from there. Hole shot will exceed the Power Tech, and the boat will not underwhelm you at all! It will steer like it should, get the bow up and should run better than 60 (63 or so) mph. Looking for higher speeds, keep the motor all the way down on the jack plate and don't trim up much more than 3/4 of the way up on the trim data read out. The 22p will be a little light when you're boat is light, but for all around work with people and full tank and live wells, it should be pretty spot on. 

As for the HS4 in 23p, it will probably be too stiff from the input of others. Some guys drop down to a 21p. I chased the performance bulletin for a while, and had a time getting the numbers they did. Message me if you're interested in what I have learned about going fast, I also have a 2018 23 HPS

ENJOY the boat!