Parts VU sale

Headhunter

I was just on there putting stuff in the cart for my 115 two stroke service. It stinks that they only have the kits made up for the four strokes, it makes it so convenient. I have to physically search for the parts number and add them one at a time.

I do like Partsvu though, I have bought from them many times.

So, how do you know which one you should get.  Yamalube 10w-30w or the yamalube synthetic 5w-30w...Does the 115SHO come in 2 different models that require 2 different types of oil viscosity's?  Also, I know that once you go to synthetic you never go back to conventional soooo...Looking for help on this new to me 4-stroke deal...

Looks like the Hot Sheet for the 115 SHO recommends "JUST"  Yamalube® 4M. Does not say Synthetic or not. It says to check your owners manual.

My SHO came factory with Synthetic. My mechanic says it does not matter....I disagree,  only because of my OCD.....The Gold Bottle Yamaha Synthetic is for SHO's I was told.

When the 4.2L came out with its new Plasma Infused Cylinders to help with weight I was told it needed the Synthetic lube. 

Do the 4 cylinder SHO's use that technology?????  What makes a 4 Cylinder SHO an SHO. These are the questions that I would ask before choosing Blue Bottle or Gold Bottle.

I know in my Race cars many years ago we switched to Synthetic and saw a significant gain in performance. 

I have never run anything but the Yamaha Synthetic in mine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

I know that once you go to synthetic you never go back to conventional

I got no skin in the game as i choose to burn my oil in the combustion chambers, but curious why you say this?  Never heard that before.  Synthetic can hold up to heat and friction for longer periods but shouldn't make any difference to say you can never switch back? 

10 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

So, how do you know which one you should get.  Yamalube 10w-30w or the yamalube synthetic 5w-30w...Does the 115SHO come in 2 different models that require 2 different types of oil viscosity's?  Also, I know that once you go to synthetic you never go back to conventional soooo...Looking for help on this new to me 4-stroke deal...

RacerxV6, for up here in our neck of the woods, I used Yamalube 4M Full Synthetic 5W-30 in my VF115 SHO, and it ran great - really great!  Never burned a drop of oil.  Here's a clip from the Yamalube HotSheet, and a couple pages from from the VF115 Manual that explain the specs and requirements:

Yamalube 4M.jpg

VF115_Specifications_Requirements.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I got no skin in the game as i choose to burn my oil in the combustion chambers, but curious why you say this?  Never heard that before.  Synthetic can hold up to heat and friction for longer periods but shouldn't make any difference to say you can never switch back? 

Lap it up,  I heard this years ago from a couple auto mechanics.  Having something to do with the way they chemically interact. 

I'll see if I can find out more..

I stand corrected!!! As I went to several oil companies and did some reading there is actually nothing wrong with it.  The only thing that you do is degrade the higher end synthetic compounds which are designed to perform long than conventional...

Edited by RacerxV6
additional.....
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, geeviam said:

RacerxV6, for up here in our neck of the woods, I used Yamalube 4M Full Synthetic 5W-30 in my VF115 SHO, and it ran great - really great!  Never burned a drop of oil.  Here's a clip from the Yamalube HotSheet, and a couple pages from from the VF115 Manual that explain the specs and requirements:

Yamalube 4M.jpg

VF115_Specifications_Requirements.pdf 4.05 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks Ge!!!  I'll make sure that when the time comes in Oct. which should put me around 100 hrs.  That I make the move.  Guess it wouldn't hurt to make th purchase now, still a long way out....decisions, decisions....

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a slight derailment. I have had 2 strokes for 20 years, just got my first 4 stroke. I usually do most maintenance like impellers. They make it sound like you have to take it back to the dealer for 20, 100 hour services but the list of what they recommend seems completely doable in my garage. I assume most of you on this thread do your own 4 stroke service? 

1 hour ago, Foulhook said:

Sorry if this is a slight derailment. I have had 2 strokes for 20 years, just got my first 4 stroke. I usually do most maintenance like impellers. They make it sound like you have to take it back to the dealer for 20, 100 hour services but the list of what they recommend seems completely doable in my garage. I assume most of you on this thread do your own 4 stroke service? 

Not much different from your 2 strokes.  Only real difference is changing oil and its straight forward like any normal car would be